Technische Universität Wien
> Zum Inhalt




Admission Office
Karlsplatz 13
1040 Wien

+43 1 58801-41188

During opening hours please take hindered availability into account! You can call us also prior and after our opening hours.

Opening hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:10 to 12 am
Wednesday:2 to 4 pm

What does Co-Registration mean?

Students who make use of another University's teaching while remaining fully enrolled at only one university are called co-registered students (Mitbeleger). Some degree programmes at the University of Vienna, at TU Wien and at the University of Economics (WU) are 'inter-universitary courses'. Students of these degree programmes also have to register as co-registered students at the beginning of every semester.

Students of TU Wien can co-register at other universities, too. The procedures are similar but not identical. Please find information at the respective university you want to co-register at and mind the admission periods.

Please note: co-registration

  1. has to be renewed every semester within the admission periode
  2. is possible only between Austrian Universities!

Co-Registration at the TU Wien

ATTENTION! Co-Registration is only possible within the admission deadlines (WS: beginning of July to 30th of November SS: beginning of January to 30th of April)!

STEP 1: Pay the tuition/students' union fee at your home university

You must first report the continuation of your studies at your home university (by paying the students' union (=ÖH) fee and if required the tuition fee), only then you can co-register at other universities.

STEP 2: Online Pre-Registration

For the first co-registration at the TU Wien the online pre-registration has to be done.

After taking the online pre-registration, you need to finish the co-registration at the admission office in person.

STEP 3: Required Documents

Within the admission deadlines, you can finish the co-registration in person during the opening hours of the admission office, with the following documents:

  • Confirmation of permission from your home universty to complete lectures/ examinations at the TU Wien for the current semester by the governing body responsible for study matters. (e.g. Dean of Studies, Dean Office, Curriculum Director, Head of the Organisation of Studies & Courses, Vice-Rector for Educational Affairs).
  • Bachelor's students must provide a confirmation of successful completion of STEOP.
  • Master's/ Diploma's students must present a transcript documenting successfully completed examinations worth a total of at least 30 ECTS credits.
  • Current record of studies ("Studienblatt") from your home university.
  • Valid student ID.

Continuation of the Co-Registration

For each new semester it is necessary to submit these documents within the admission period and opening hours at the admission office!