Technische Universität Wien
> Zum Inhalt




Admission Office
Karlsplatz 13
1040 Wien

+43 1 58801-41188

During opening hours please take hindered availability into account! You can call us also prior and after our opening hours.

Opening hours:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:10 to 12 am
Wednesday:2 to 4 pm

Leaving the university


If you intend to quit your degree programme at TU Wien you have to come to the Admission Office during the opening hours with your Student ID-Card (TUCard) or write an Email to (Student ID-Card attached as scanned copie).

If you want to continue the same degree programme at another Austrian university, you need a proof of your deregistration or rather a certificate of transfer (Abgangsbescheinigung) from TU Wien. In this case you only have to ask for the certificate of transfer, when you come to the Admission Office to complete your deregistration.

Students who intend to quit their degree programme at TU Wien and do not want to continue their studies at another Austrian University or do not need a proof of deregistration, do not need to follow any special procedure. Just do not pay your tuition fee/students' union fee and your admission to the university will expire automatically by the end of the extended admission period.

Is it possible to resume my studies?

Yes, it is possible. Please note, that you will be readmitted to the currently valid curriculum. Exams of previous periods of studies can be recognized according to the new curriculum.

NOTE: International students have to apply for admission again and have to submit all required documents, if you interrupt your studies more than one semesterNon-EU/EEA-citizen have to submit a certificate of special entrance qualification for university studies valid for the semester you want to resume your studies at TU Wien.