Technische Universität Wien
> Zum Inhalt

Who is exempted from tuition fee?

Exemption for a limited period

The following degree program students are exempted from the tuition fee as long as they study within the minimum duration of their degree program plus two additional semesters:

  1. Austrian citizen
  2. Citizen of the EU
  3. Citizen of the EEA
  4. Citizen of Switzerland
  5. Recognised refugees
  6. People granted subsidiary protection
  7. People with following settlement permits:
    • "Daueraufenthalt - EG" issued by the responsible Austrian authority
    • "Daueraufenthalt - EG" issued by the responsible authority of an EU-member state and a settlement permit for Austria
    • "Daueraufenthaltskarte" issued by the responsible Austrian authority
  8. Citizen of Turkey because of the Association Agreement between Turkey and the European Economic Community
  9. Students because of the Personengruppen-Verordnung (except students with an austrian residence titel "Aufenthaltsbewilligung Studierende")
  10. Students with another austrian residence title than „Aufenthaltsbewilligung Studierende“

PLEASE NOTE! You must provide the original and a copy of your residence titel at the Admission Office!

In this case students pay only the students' union fee of € 19.70 until the end of the admission period in order to continue their studies.

In case you exceeded the minimum duration of your degree program (plus two additional semesters) you pay the tuition fee of € 382.56. This amount consists of the tuition fee (€ 363.36) and the students' union fee (€ 19.70).

General exemption

If you are a citizen of one of the following countries, the Vienna University of Technology grants you a general exemption of the tuition fee. You only have to pay the students’ union fee of € 19.70 per semester.

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo - Democratic Republic, Djibouti, Equadorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kambodscha, Kap Verde, Kiribati, Komoren, Laos - People's Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Mauretania, Mozambik, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen and Zambia.

Other countries

If you are a non-EU-/EEA-citizen of a country, which is not mentioned in the lists above, you have to pay the double amount of the tuition fee and the students' union fee.